While Aspen may be a playground for the 1%, it is still a home and workplace for the rest of us, the 99%ers. We are the ones who cook the food and clean the rooms and groom the trails. Without us Aspen would not be the world-renowned tourist destination it is today, but a ghost town of empty fusion restaurants and deserted designer shops.
And we’re tired. Tired of bailing out the banks, only to have them turn around and charge us more in user fees while illegally foreclosing on our homes. Tired of owing more in student loans than we borrowed in the first fucking place. Tired of the big corporations running small business owners out of town like greedy land barons in the Old West.
The greed and corruption has gone rampantly unchecked for far too long. Enough is enough. We will not work our whole lives only to be fired at an age when we should be retiring with a pension. This is our country. We paid for it. These are our streets, our parks and our sidewalks. Our stance is simple: the American people hold the power, and the government, the police, and big businesses work for us.
Just like our grass-fed all-beef burgers, we get it our way.